Always in a rush to make breakfast? Here is my favorite new recipe that can feed 6 or more plates. After the reintroduction process during my healing journey, I finally can do eggs! This casserole is delicious. You can make it dairy free and grain free (optional) as you can also use Quinoa instead of Cassava rice if your body agrees with grains. Here are the easy steps to create this delicious, healthy, long lasting breakfast. This recipe can be made strictly paleo if vegan cheese is not added.
Side note: A big step for hormone balancing will be eating a healthy breakfast. I always recommend eating a bite of something in the next 30 minutes of waking up. Cortisol levels during the day can be pushed even more if we skip breakfast. This hormone balancing tip is for both males and females. We all produce cortisol.
- 1 cup orzo cassava rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup spinach (can be frozen)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 white onion
- 5 eggs
- Sea Salt
- Garlic powder
- 1.5 cups vegan cheese (optional for paleo)
- 1/2 cup vegan milk (coconut for paleo)
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of cassava rice will be cooked with 2 cups of vegetable broth. In a small sauce pan set heat on high until it starts boiling and then you can turn down heat to medium. Depending on the brand you will cook until rice feels soft.
- While cooking cassava rice you can start prepping veggies. In a big pan or cast iron add broccoli florets, minced onion and olive oil. Cook them for 6-8 minutes on medium heat and then add spinach for 2 more minutes. Set aside to cool down.
- Start pre-heating oven baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium mixing bowl add 5 eggs, garlic powder, sea salt, one cup of shredded vegan cheese (optional) and 1/2 cup of preferred milk such as coconut milk or oat milk. Stir all ingredients together.
- Add cooled down vegetables and cassava rice into the rest of the ingredients on the mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients and in a greased 8×8 (oven safe) container you can add all ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded vegan cheese on top (optional).
- Once all ingredients are in container bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees and add 5 more minutes on broil option at the end to toast top cheese (YUMMM!).
- Let cool down for at least 10 minutes before serving.